Vice President/General Manager, USA
Join us in our quest to transform the way patients are monitored in hospitals & homes
Title: Vice President/General Manager, USA
Company: WARD 24/7
Location: United States
About WARD 24/7:
WARD 24/7 is a European digital health company based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are revolutionizing hospital nursing care with a proprietary AI-enabled, smart device-based Clinical Support System. Using standard patient monitoring data, our system detects relevant clinical complications earlier, with less false alarms than legacy devices. Our platform enables nurses to better anticipate potential patient problems and reduce the risk of severe events including sepsis and stroke.
We are anticipating European CE-mark approval in the coming months and are finalizing our commercialization and product launch plans now.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced VP/GM to lead our US subsidiary. The VP/GM will be responsible for providing market knowledge and domain expertise, creating a go-to-market strategy and plan for US market entry, identifying customers, and developing new accounts, developing a sales strategy, and eventually building and leading a lean, high performing sales organization including partner and distributor management. This role will work closely with the CEO and CCO to align the US subsidiary’s objectives with the overall company’s vision and goals. Equity options will be part of the salary package.
- Provide market and domain expertise: Analyze the US healthcare market, identify key trends and challenges in the hospital nursing segment, and provide insights that will inform the company’s strategic decisions. Leverage domain expertise in digital health to position WARD 24/7 as a leader in the US market.
- Create a go-to-market strategy and plan for US entry: Develop a comprehensive plan that outlines the target market, customer segments, value proposition, competitive positioning, pricing strategy, clinical use and business case, and sales and marketing approach.
- Identify customers and develop accounts: Identify and build relationships with key relevant evaluation and purchase decision makers including clinical, hospital management and IT stakeholders.
- Develop a sales strategy: Assess sales channel opportunities and options, create a sales strategy and plan to accelerate early adoption, maximize revenue growth over the longer term, optimizes resources, and aligns with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Build and lead a lean sales organization: Determine optimal direct and/or indirect sales organization.Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing sales team. Develop and implement a sales plan including goals, targets, and key performance indicators.
- Partner management: Build and manage relationships with strategic partners, including patient monitoring, EHR and nursing communication app companies, nursing associations, that enhance the company’s value proposition and market reach.
- Contribute to global clinical and marketing strategy: Work closely with the CEO and CCO to support US and global clinical development, including management of US clinical validation pilot studies and support of company FDA regulatory as needed; provide US market insights into global marketing strategies and plans, including KOL engagement, new product development, marketing promotional material development, and exhibit and conference activities.
- P&L responsibility for US operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, Healthcare, or a related field. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role in the digital health, health IT, or MedTech industries; experience selling health IT and digital solutions to hospital customers is preferred.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful go-to-market sales strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying customers, including early adopters and advocates, and account development and support.
- Experience in developing and implementing sales strategies and building and leading high-performing sales teams.
- Strong partner management experience.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
- Experience working in international, cross functional teams and organizations is highly preferred.
- Shares company values of impact, transparency and trust.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience, plus references, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 30, 2024. Please include “Vice President/General Manager, USA” in the subject line of your email. Start date for the position is set to Q2, 2024.
WARD 24/7 is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.