Strategic Financial Analyst (Esports)
Reporting to: Strategic Finance Manager
We’re on a mission to take esports to the next level of global entertainment. We excite and invite billions of fans to join the esports revolution. We create live and digital experiences - from tournaments that pack out major arenas around the world to great content that’s guaranteed to blow your socks off.
We work with some of the world’s best game publishers and brands to elevate their properties into amazing esports experiences - having delivered tournaments, content and shows in a variety of games, including: Counter-Strike, DOTA 2, VALORANT, Apex Legends, FIFA 2022 and Fortnite.
We are looking for a new Strategic Finance Analyst who will play a pivotal role in the financial management of the business. Collaborating closely with various departments, the Strategic Finance Analyst will be responsible for tracking and budgeting/forecasting cashflow, OPEX and CAPEX. They will also be responsible for updating the corporate financial model and preparing month end packs/slides.
- Ownership of the consolidated cashflow and financial (P&L & BS/WC) models ensuring it is up to date and accurate. Refining and maintaining assumptions through building knowledge of the company and ecosystems.
- Ownership of OPEX models including people and other costs. Routine budgeting/forecasting and variance analysis and any ad hoc modelling required. Maintaining tracking files and modelling OPEX allocations to business activities.
- Ownership of CAPEX tracking and support including investment case tracking/analysis and approvals, budgeting and forecasting CAPEX, variance analysis, and building CAPEX ecosystem allocation model.
- Month end reporting including reviewing and scrutinising month end numbers and producing monthly board slides/exec reports.
- Analysis and financial modelling experience, ideally in broadcast, live entertainment industries or scale-up companies
- Excellent excel/google sheets skills (vlookups, pivots, sumifs)
- Flair for evaluating problems and proposing solutions independently
- Well organised, with the ability to keep to strict deadlines in a face paced and high growth environment
- A sense of pride in maintaining an accurate set of budgeting and tracking files.
- Positive, “can do” attitude with the desire to take ownership of assigned tasks and projects.
- Possess a natural curiosity and ability to quickly pick-up new tasks whilst working autonomously.
- Good communicator, ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple non-financial creative budget holders
- Competitive salary package
- Unique opportunity to join the development of a global esports company and be part of a fast-moving organisation that already has made a substantial footprint in the world of esports.
- An energetic, fun, and social work environment with fantastic colleagues.
- An informal workplace with flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
- Team events and social events (e.g. in June 2022 all BLAST employees enjoyed 3 days together in Lisbon)
- Pension and Fantastic Health Insurance and incredible enhanced maternity pay