Lead RF Engineer
We are searching for and experienced RF engineer to lead our development effort within RF domain and join our team in our mission to develop autonomous airborne test and measurement solution that enables precise diagnostics and monitoring of radio spectrum anywhere in the world.
In this role you will lead the RF technical development of our new drone payloads, whilst also contributing to the overall product architecture. The small weight and versatility of the desired solution brings in a lot of exciting design challenges. To solve them, we expect you to bring deep knowledge of designing RF systems as well as an open mind for exploring new technologies and ways to integrate them in the overall solution.
The main responsibility for the role is to lead and oversee development of the RF technology. This includes:
- Leading the architecture design, testing, qualification, and development of the radio subsystem in the drone payload, both on a component and circuitry level.
- Evaluating RF design options (SDRs, passive RF components, antennas, etc.) across a broad frequency range from VHF to EHF.
- Working with the SW and HW teams to benchmark and make trade-off analysis on designs and software applications.
- Prepare and/or review technology roadmaps, design documents, economic design trade-offs.
- Proactively identify high risk aspects in the product design timeline and define efficient mitigation processes early in the design phase.
- Designing and benchmarking early prototypes.
- Help identifying the correct resources for getting the job done in terms of components, new hires, consultants, etc.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with designing of RF systems, microwave components and circuits.
- Educational background in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, RF Engineering, or similar fields.
- Strong understanding and passion for radio engineering principles, parts, process, and standards.
- Understanding the hardware-based requirement of SDRs (e.g., FPGA size, speed, internal clock stability, I/O interfaces, gains, and filtering as the signal progresses within the SDR).
- Experience with antenna test and measurement, radiation patterns, and antenna tracking is preferred but not essential.
- Any experience with technical work with drones is advantageous.
- English is our company language, so we expect you to be fluent in English (both oral and written).
- You must be eligible for security clearance with Danish defense.
- Expected 20-30 days of travel per year.
OUR DYNAMIC WORK ENVIRONMENT
At Quadsat, you will join a diverse team of innovative colleagues who are impacting the future by changing the game of antenna testing.
We foster an environment where our team members challenge and inspire one another to push the boundaries, both professionally and personally. We have the freedom to make decisions - and the room to innovate. As we continue to experience high growth, there are ample opportunities for career advancement and skill development as the company expands.
We stay young and playful and support one another in achieving our goals. Quadsat regularly host company-sponsored social activities and team bonding events after work to strengthen our team dynamics and relationships.
In the R&D department, you will join a team of driven and innovative engineers, with specialties across robotics, software, RF, and product design. We have a passionate team of dedicated engineers looking to drive innovation in the antenna test and measurement industry.