Senior People Business Partner
Lenus is looking for a Senior People Business Partner for North America
Do you want to drive true impact by being the connective tissue between amazing people, the company strategy, and the business in a fast-growing scale-up? Then keep reading! This is your dream job if you are a business and people-driven soul, with a keen interest in setting and executing our people agenda in our biggest market.
We are looking for a senior People professional, to apply their skills and commercial experience in an ambitious and caring environment. You will be joining a fun and fast-paced People team, in an organization that will enable you to do your best work, through trust and high ambitions. This is an essential role Lenus, and you will be part of building, shaping, and continuously adjusting our approach, programs, and processes for the betterment of our organization.
Join the health revolution! At Lenus we are fundamentally energized by our shared vision: making the world a healthier and happier place. We have changed the face of health coaching, and are building businesses and enabling scale for the world’s best online coaches.
Who are we looking for
Our People Business Partners are responsible for executing our company strategy and People processes. The main focus of People Business Partners is to continuously improve the engagement, performance, development and retention of our colleagues in Lenus, at scale.
- Culture and Engagement: Develop strategies and plans to ensure we live up to our EVP and the values that we see as fundamental to our success, including monitoring and action planning from our monthly engagement surveys. Working in Lenus is an experience, not a job, and you will play a crucial role in shaping that experience.
- Commercial/Organisational Development: Bring your commercial People experience into play, supporting change management, sales incentive and comp and ben strategies, and larger initiatives to make our commercial teams thrive.
- Learning & Development with a commercial twist: Work closely with the Organisational Development team and our Chief Revenue Officer to support the design and delivery of appropriate training and development programs, particularly focusing on Sales Excellence, Commercial Leadership and a high-performance culture.
- People Data and Decision Making: Leverage our vast amount of people data and insights, to support and inform day-to-day and long-term decision making for the health and happiness of our employees, organization and business.
- Talent Management: Own and support all annual wheel activities that supports our talent and people agenda, including our Feedback Cycles (performance & development) and more. At times support key hires, assessments and succession planning.
- Employee Relations and Compliance: Together with our amazing US People Operations Specialist, ensure that we are kept up to date with industry best practices and employment law matters with a proactive approach.
- You bring +10 years of experience being a People Business Partner in the US.
- You have worked and thrived in a commercial business unit before, acting as the key advisor to senior commercial leadership.
- You demonstrate strategic thinking, and strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- With this, you have a track record of supporting, developing and influencing leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience.
- You bring strong project management ability and experience driving organisational development and change
- You bring in-depth experience working with US employment law and compliance, ideally across states.
- You thrive in a diverse and international environment - and maybe you have worked in a scale-up before. Being part of a Scandinavian company excites you!
- You lead with empathy and integrity in everything you do, and are able to connect and create belonging for our diverse teams.
- You are keen to spend time in both our US offices, and take the occasional trip to Toronto as well as our HQ in Denmark.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't tick all the boxes!
The People and Culture team at Lenus is a highly skilled and diverse group dedicated to enhancing the employee experience and driving business outcomes. Many of us do not come from traditional HR backgrounds, and we prioritize what's right for Lenus rather than conforming to traditional practices. Fun fact: We are currently counting 10+ different nationalities, and enjoy an engagement score of 8.7/10
As our new Senior People Business Partner you will be reporting to the VP of People and Culture, and will be part of the global People and Culture leadership team. You will own the People agenda for North America, working from one of our vibrant offices in Irvine, CA and/or New York.
We expanded to the US in 2022. The Lenus US team consists of +70 dedicated team members, leaders and also hosts our Founder and CEO, and our Chief Revenue Officer, with whom you will work closely.
Benefits & Perks
- $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 salary range
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Plan & Health Insurance
- Structured and prioritised development opportunities, including development Feedback Cycle with quarterly check-ins
- Team events and monthly social events in all our offices
- Focus on mental wellbeing and flexibility in close collaboration with your manager
- Sports and activities, like paddle tournaments, team work-outs and outings, and much more!
- Daily snacks and fuel. Our offices are set up with fruits, snack bars, and a selection of drinks
- A Macbook and other hardware to support you in your daily work
We will be regularly reviewing applications, so if this opportunity aligns with your interests, please submit your application. Our talent team will carefully assess all submissions and aim to reach out to applicants by mid-January.
We look forward to reading your application.
Lenus was founded in Denmark by Bertram Thorslund, in 2016. We are a health technology company that empowers health coaches to scale their businesses through the use of pioneering technology and our in-house business, health and innovation expertise.
We’re inspiring a new generation of health coaches. People who have the power to move not only bodies, but minds too. We are at the forefront of an industry under rapid transformation and our strategic innovations pave the path for the change we want to see. Happier and healthier people.
Today, Lenus is headquartered in Copenhagen, with offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, Madrid, Helsinki, Irvine and Toronto.
We care about your privacy, personal data and information at Lenus.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Specific to EU applicants:
Lenus will treat all personal information collected during the recruitment process with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. We rely on the lawful basis of Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR to process the information provided by you in the recruitment process.
Specific to California applicants:
Lenus will treat all personal information collected during the recruitment process with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.