Senior Legal Counsel
Lenus is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel for our Copenhagen office.
Do you want to play a vital role in a modern legal department while people are becoming healthier and happier? As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will be a crucial part of a global data-driven company by advising and reducing legal complexity while allowing innovation to happen with respect to compliance. Your mindset is to build a modern legal department where boring manual tasks are eliminated with the advantage of automated processes giving you the time to deliver valuable insights to stakeholders on complex legal matters such as AI regulation, GDPR, or MDR. For all of this, you will be working in our energetic HQ in Copenhagen where your professional dream will come true.
Who are we looking for?
- Independently lead and support strategic projects in Legal and cross-departmental collaboration, especially concerning data and clients.
- Engage in scenario planning and risk assessments to provide top management with a comprehensive view of potential legal risks and their implications on decision-making.
- Provide advice to various stakeholders within consumer legislation for digital content, GDPR, MDR, and much more depending on your professional desire and Lenus' projects!
- Offer practical and business-oriented legal advice, translating complex regulations into actionable steps and best practices for the company's digital content and products.
- You have either a Cand.merc.(jur.) or Cand.jur.
- We expect 3-6 years of relevant working experience within the area of IT law and in particular GDPR and consumer legislation.
- Experience with areas such as MDR, risk management, and regulatory compliance is a plus.
- As you will be working closely with commercial teams as well as the product- & tech teams, the ability to communicate complex issues to non-legal stakeholders is important.
- You have a go-getter attitude and a desire to learn quickly, ready to hit the ground running and contribute to Lenus' success.
- You enjoy having great autonomy and flexibility in your work life where you value the possibility to join a yoga class in the morning or a padel match in the afternoon.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't tick all the boxes.
You will be a valued member of our close-knit team consisting of our Head of Legal & Compliance, Jonathan, our US Legal Counsel, Tyler located in our New York office, Our Legal Counsel, Veera, and our two Legal student assistants, Kristine and Clara plus an additional Legal Counsel we are hiring while you are reading this. Our team is driven by excellent cooperation and dynamic sparring. We take ownership of our projects, come up with new ideas and strive to deliver with the highest quality. Our team is trusted with a great amount of responsibility and we take pride in delivering straightforward solutions on complex legal matters. We trust each other to speak up if feeling stuck or if a new perspective is needed. We love to have ice cream at Ismageriet (next door to our office) when the sun finally shows up.
Benefits & Perks
- Structured and prioritised development opportunities
- Development feedback cycle with quarterly check ins
- Team events and monthly social events in all our offices
- Focus on mental wellbeing with our team wellness workshops, massage and in-house Mindful Mondays session
- Sports and activities, like paddle tournaments, Yoga, Workout Wednesdays, we have two table tennis tables in the office, Run & Dip, and much more!
- Daily lunch, snacks and fuel. Our offices are set up with fruits, snack bars, and a wide selection of drinks
- A Macbook and other hardware to support you in your daily work
- A voluntary pension plan
- Mandatory insurance through AP Pension
We'll be going through applications frequently, so if this sounds like a great opportunity for you, hit apply and our talent team will go through it and be in touch with you.
Lenus was founded in Denmark by Bertram Thorslund, in 2016. 5 years later, Lenus received the largest series A funding round in Denmark’s history. Since then the company has grown from 5 to 420 employees and today, Lenus is headquartered in Copenhagen, with offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, Madrid, Helsinki, Southern California & beyond
We are a health technology company that empowers health coaches to scale their businesses through the use of pioneering technology and our in-house business, health and innovation expertise. We’re inspiring a new generation of health coaches. People who have the power to move not only bodies, but minds too. We are at the forefront of an industry under rapid transformation and our strategic innovations pave the path for the change we want to see. Happier and healthier people.
We care about your privacy, personal data and information at Lenus.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
Specific to EU applicants:
Lenus will treat all personal information collected during the recruitment process with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. We rely on the lawful basis of Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR to process the information provided by you in the recruitment process.
Specific to California applicants:
Lenus will treat all personal information collected during the recruitment process with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation.