Sales Development Representative
Our CO₂ asset management platform allows companies to actively secure high-quality carbon removal solutions, turning a carbon liability into future assets.
We strategically finance carbon removal projects based on environmental responsibility as well as social and economic development.
Our core purpose is to scale and accelerate the development of carbon removal methods and technologies needed to reverse climate change.
We are 10 people with 7 different nationalities who all share a passion for scaling solutions to the climate crisis.
Our clients include Mammut, Lunar, Wieden+Kennedy, and many more…
About the role
As a Sales Development Representative, you will play a pivotal role in expanding our client base.
You will be responsible for building strong relationships with key decision-makers, understanding their sustainability goals, and presenting our carbon removal solutions as integral components of their environmental initiatives.
Your ability to effectively communicate the importance of carbon removal, its impact on mitigating climate change and the part it plays in corporate climate strategies will be essential to your success in this role.
You will report directly to our CCO Erik Wihlborg.
Initially, you will:
- Prospect and qualify new clients within the assigned territory, leveraging a combination of research, networking, and lead generation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product development and marketing, to align efforts to our overall company and Go-To-Market strategy.
- Stay informed on industry trends, competitor offerings, and emerging technologies related to carbon removal and sustainability, and share insights with the team to enhance our competitive advantage.
- Provide accurate forecasts, pipeline reports, and other performance metrics on a regular basis.
Eventually, you will
- Conduct in-depth consultations to educate clients about the benefits of carbon removal, its role in climate change mitigation, and how our platform can help them achieve their carbon targets.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial outreach and discovery to contract negotiation and close, consistently meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Experience from working in a commercial role.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and compelling manner.
The ideal candidate:
- Passion for environmental sustainability and a deep commitment to combating climate change.
- Basic understanding of carbon removal technologies, carbon markets, and sustainability practices.
- Fluency in German, Dutch and/or French.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
- Proficiency in CRM software (e.g., Hubspot) and other sales tools.
Start & Logistics
We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis, and hire when we find the right candidate.
When you apply; please include your CV and a motivational letter where we like to hear why you want to work for us specifically.
After you apply:
- We will review all applications carefully and invite shortlisted candidates to the first step of the interview process where we'll have a mutual intro/screening call.
- The second step will be a case-based take-home assignment to be presented on-site to Klimate's CCO and another member of the commercial team.
- In the third and final step, we will invite you for an on-site interview with at least one of the founders of Klimate.
Klimate is an equal opportunity employer. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we provide the same opportunities for hiring, advancement and benefits to everyone without discriminating due to protected characteristics such as: Age, Sex/Gender, Sexual orientation, Ethnicity/Nationality, Religion, Disability and Medical history.