Sr. Software Architect
Dawn Health is a leading Digital Health product company that empowers Life Science companies to create elegantly designed digital solutions quickly and in compliance with the highest quality and reliability standards. Software Engineering is the cornerstone of our work. We are looking for a Software Architect to join our team in Copenhagen.
You will be working in the interface between the product, software engineering, project management and systems engineering to build world class software and documentation.
You will play a key role in driving technical decisions that ensure robust and scalable products and documentation. You have a deep understanding of software; you are able to engage with developers and you can utilize this knowledge to support sound technical decisions. You are able to drive consensus in a complex landscape of both internal and external stakeholders. As part of a development team, you will have the responsibility to find pragmatic solutions to challenges involving several stakeholders internally, as well as with customers.
You will play a key role in establishing and improving how Dawn Health works with architecture and the core product infrastructure.
We would like you to:
- Drive architectural decisions in SaMD (Software as Medical Device) and unregulated digital health projects
- Create SW architecture according to relevant medical device standards
- Drive external integration activities
- Act as technical interface towards customer counterparts and ensure that customer needs are met
- Ensure scalable and extendable architecture
- Support the development and system engineering teams in applying state of the art development methods
- Support requirements elicitation, safety and cyber security risk management and detailed design documentation work
We need you to:
- You have a structured approach and understand the importance of high-quality documentation
- You are self-managed and can manage your own deliverables as well as those of other project members
- You are passionate about building great products that have a real impact on people's lives
- You have strong analytical abilities and can break down complex problems
- You have strong communication skills and can work well in a team
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and enjoy setting up processes that will improve how we work
- You enjoy having ownership of the product from design input, through design documentation to verification
Your qualifications and experiences:
- 5 years of experience in working hands on with software architecture or leading SW development
- Experience in working in a regulated environment
- Experience in working in an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in working as a consultant or directly with customers preferred
- Experience with software as medical device or a similar regulated environment preferred
- Experience with relevant standards including ISO 13485, IEC 62304, ISO 14971, ISO 82304 preferred
- Knowledge of data regulations and cyber security
You will be joining the Architecture and System Engineering department at Dawn Health. Collaboration and open dialogue are the bedrock of our success. We function at the crossroads of multiple projects, ensuring that each initiative is anchored in robust architecture and system design. Our regular meetings serve as an opportunity to discuss prevailing challenges, brainstorm innovative solutions, and share knowledge. This rhythm keeps us aligned, informed, and connected, ensuring that each member is supported, and every perspective is considered.
Our approach is both systematic and adaptive, combining structured methodologies with the agility to navigate the ever-evolving landscape of digital health. The team thrives on mutual respect, continuous learning, and a shared commitment to excellence. As we foster an environment of collective growth, we remain united in our goal: engineering world-class software solutions that resonate with Dawn Health's mission.
Joining us means becoming part of a forward-thinking community, where every architect and engineer contributes to shaping the future of digital health.
- Meaningful projects and own products that need your valued input and leadership and will make a real impact on patient lives.
- Autonomy, self-leadership, and confidence in you and your abilities.
- A place to grow your career in one of the leading digital health scale-ups.
- A portfolio of the world’s leading pharma clients.
- A chance to work alongside innovative colleagues that are great at what they do and are happy to share knowledge.
- An open, informal, and friendly atmosphere, which we are proud of and nourish.
- The possibility to leave your mark on digital health.
At Dawn Health, we are human-centric digital health pioneers with an industry leading product development platform. Building patient-led digital health products to improve the lives of people around the world living with chronic conditions, our company mission is to empower and support 10 million people in leading longer and better lives by 2030.